My toddler is blessed to have me around all the time. This probably translates to her being extra clingy and unable to handle time away from me well. Since we are together all the time, my idea of “me time” had to change to include my daughter while still treating myself.
Let Me Count the Ways!
- Play the music you enjoy and dance with your toddler. Put away the nursery rhymes and kid’s songs for a bit. I’m sure that was getting to be repetitive.
- Go out for a walk while keeping your toddler in a stroller. My daughter won’t stay seated for very long, but if you go somewhere new and change up the scenery often, both of you will enjoy it. We like the mall, neighborhood parks, and even just around the block.
- Tweeze your brows. Have your toddler hold a handheld mirror up for you. Challenge your toddler to see how long she can hold it still. Count aloud and tweeze away. I always feel better when my eyebrows are on fleek.
- Receive a massage from your toddler using lotion in your favorite scent. Your toddler will like rubbing the lotion onto your arms or legs. Your back, too, if you’re adventurous.
- Get some exercise in at the park. Put your toddler in the swing and push away! While that’s happening, there are a variety of exercises you can do in between each push. Easiest idea? Kegel exercises. The ones you probably practiced during pregnancy.
- Go to the pool with your toddler. You probably won’t be swimming as you keep a close watch on your child. Rub your feet across the cement floor of the pool (assuming it’s the slightly bumpy textured floor here) like a pumice stone. It’ll help improve your circulation. Think of it as a self-initiated foot massage!
- Find other moms. When you’re towing a toddler around everywhere you go, it actually brings you many chances to connect with other moms who are in the same boat and want mom friends to connect with, too. Connecting with other people face to face is such a great way to pamper yourself.
What are your secret methods of pampering yourself? Have you tried some of these yourself?