Toddlers are known to have particular preferences and my daughter is no exception. Here are the absolute toddler rules my toddler demands of me and herself. If you ever meet me and my daughter, you’ll want to follow these rules, too.
10 Absolute Toddler Rules
- If mom’s head is laying down on a pillow, toddler must lay down in the opposite direction next to her (why, hello feet!).
- Water droplets on the skin is considered a mess. Scooping water out of a bowl onto the floor is not.
- All doors must be opened and closed by toddler. Same goes for light switches.
- See that car seat high up in the SUV? Toddler will not sit in it unless toddler has climbed into the car seat by herself.
- Toddler must take a bite out of each and every cracker (or fruit) on her plate before picking one to finish off. This includes each Veggie Pizza Bites.
- If a blank piece of paper is placed on her drawing table, she must go and doodle on it. That takes top priority.
- If toddler is in the hallway, stairwell, or a room with an echo…toddler will emit a loud “ah, ah, ah” and revel in the acoustics.
- Anytime someone in her vicinity farts, burps, or yawns, she will announce it to
the entire worldwhoever will listen. It’s up to you to confirm or deny it.
- Everyday is a good day to sing and dance. These must include Wheels on the Bus, Five Little Monkeys, and the Itsy Bitsy Spider.
- All music must be played handsome men with a violin and piano. Ok, handsome men is my opinion, not my toddler’s, but she loves Henry along with me. How can you not like a talented musician who plays both the violin and piano?
What absolute toddler rules does your toddler abide by? Please comment and share!