While answering my questions for accepting the Liebster Award, I have made use of affiliate links. This means that Her Life Is Love will receive a small commission from purchases made through the link at no extra cost to you. For more info, check out my disclosure.
Big news for Her Life Is Love! We have been given our first award, the 2017 Liebster Award, for bloggers by bloggers. Liebster. Is this some guy’s name? Turns out, liebster is a German word that envelops all the warm and fuzzy feelings and thoughts. I don’t speak German so if you have more details on the meaning of this word, fill me in! Some thanks are in order for Addison at Coffee With A Side Of for nominating Her Life Is Love to receive the Liebster Award next. She’s another newcomer to the world of mom bloggers and she has a unique take on Parenting with ADD that I recommend checking out.
Questions from Coffee With A Side Of
As per the rules of giving and receiving the Liebster Award, Addison has asked five questions that I will be answering below. I hope you enjoy getting to learn more about Paula from Her Life Is Love.
What is your favorite blog and why?
I love reading Lucy At Home, a UK parenting blog, but one that I can relate with a lot as my daughter is the same age as Lucy’s youngest. I learn a lot from Lucy’s experience mothering two girls and I like the personal approach she takes with some of her posts, like in When Discrimination Strikes: The Curse of Being Tall and When Selfless Love Becomes Self Abuse. Aside from writing posts that are honest and familiar, she is active in interacting with the blogger community. She hosts a blog link up that encourages sharing other blogs and she also does a guest blog series that features another blogger each week. It’s actually an interesting version where the guest blogger writes three stories, but only two are true stories. If that’s something that sparks your interest, you can check out this one featuring Intrepid Bebe. Let me know if you enjoy Lucy’s blog, too.
What is your favorite TV show?
I don’t watch American TV, but I do enjoy Korean variety shows. I make sure to watch one called I Live Alone which follows a select group of Korean celebrities who live alone and captures what they do from the moment they wake up until they call it a day and go back to sleep. I like watching this because it gives me a “inside look” at how someone else lives. I’m sorry, I’m nosy. I find it fascinating to compare my life with a celebrity. Right now, the group includes a supermodel, an actor, a boy band idol, and a comedian. You can watch the episodes online for free with English subtitles. I recommend having an ad blocker, though. Do you know Daniel Henney? He was featured on I Live Alone, so if you’re curious how Daniel Henney spends his day, check out the episode.
If you had unlimited funds, where would you travel and why?
Gee, can I travel the whole world and keep travelling? That would be ideal if I had unlimited funds. I love visiting new places and trying new things. I have already been to many countries in South and East Asia. If I had to choose one place to travel, I would choose to visit Australia. I had always wanted to visit a country in the Southern Hemisphere, but all the plane tickets to Australia are so expensive! I couldn’t manage it before, but with unlimited funds, I’d definitely go and visit around the country.
What challenges do you have while blogging?
My biggest challenge is publishing posts on a regular schedule. I have read many advice stating that a regular schedule is highly important to keeping readers aware of when to expect a new post from you, but I have a hard time choosing and sticking to a schedule. I try to put up a new blog post every two or three days, but there are times like this past weekend when each day was packed with family activities and I was unable to publish a post for four days. I should try to write some posts ahead of time so I can schedule them to be published regularly, but for now, I am unable to do so. If you have tips for me in this area, I’d love to hear it!
What is your favorite book?
I love romance mysteries and one of my favorite books in this genre is After Caroline by Kay Hooper. The mystery portion is well-written and the romance is not overdone. No matter how many times I re-read this one, I enjoy the story each time. This has been my favorite book for over a decade. If you have another book in the romance mystery department you would like to recommend, let me know! I am always looking for the next book that will become my absolute favorite.
10 20 Random Facts About Paula
The rules for the 2017 Liebster Award has made this optional, but I recently made a video for my YouTube channel on 20 Facts About Me. What a perfect opportunity to share it with you! I hope you enjoy, like, and subscribe to continue watching more videos from me! I no longer have access to the video editor I used to use, so I’m currently trying to learn a new one. I promise video quality will improve in the near future!
Rules for the 2017 Liebster Award
If you have been nominated for The Liebster Award AND YOU CHOOSE TO ACCEPT IT, write a blog post about the Liebster Award in which you should do the follow:
- Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog. Try to include a little promotion for the person who nominated you. They will thank you for it and those who you nominate will also help you out as well.
- Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”. You will need to save the image to your own computer and then upload it to your blog post. There is no one set image for the award. You may save my image and use it on your blog or find others at The Global Aussie.
- For the 2017 Liebster Award, write a 150-300 word post about your favorite blog that is not your own. Explain why you like the blog and provide links.
- Optional: Provide 10 random facts about yourself. If you wish to engage with your readers it’s a great idea to include random facts about you.
- Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award. The blogs must have less than 200 followers. Note that you can always ask the blog owner this since not all blogs display a widget that lets the readers know this information! Then, create 11 questions for them to answer.
- List these rules in your post (You can copy and paste from here or simply link to this post.)
- Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster Award and provide a link for them to your post or mine if you don’t have all the information so that they can learn about it.
If you have been nominated before at any time, please share the love (comments!). The main idea of the Liebster Award is to help promote each others’ blogs.
My Nominations and Questions
I nominate the following blogs to accept the 2017 Liebster Award.
- Jonelle Patrick’s Only In Japan
- The Adventures of Fort Gaskin-Burr
- Way of the Geeks
- The Baby Daddy Files
- Kitsune’s Thoughts
- Beautyz With In You
Questions for Nominees
Remember to write a 150-300 word blurb about your favorite blog and why. Provide links. Then, answer the following questions. Comment on this post with your award acceptance post link and I’ll visit and comment!
- What is something you vividly remember being afraid of as a child, but no longer fear now?
- What is one thing you use everyday, but could live without?
- If you had to plant a garden full of lettuce, basil, or random flowers, which one would you choose and why?
- If someone was going to visit your hometown, where would you recommend visiting and why?
- You must have a roommate with the personality of Dory (forgetful, but positive) or Marlin (logical, rational, negative) from Finding Nemo/Dory. Who would you rather live with?
- Would you rather chase bears or bees (under the assumption that no harm will come to you, the bears, or the bees during the chase)?
- Sunny or rainy?
- Can breakfast be skipped? Yes or no.
- What is one thing on your bucket list you haven’t done yet?
- Is there a 2D world you would want to live in? If so, what is it and why? (2D world can be comic strip, animation, paintings, etc.)
- What is the one song you can’t resist dancing to?